Ethics Working Group: Events
Quarterly Web Meeting Schedule
CSA Ethics holds a quarterly web meeting call at noon (12 pm ET) on a Friday. CSA Ethics posts a reminder on its (private) community forum a few weeks prior [Join today]. We welcome and encourage all members to attend those meetings!
2020 Dates » July 24th | October 23rd
2021 Dates » January 22nd | April 23rd | July 23rd | October 22nd
Next CSA Ethics Meeting (October 23rd, 2020)
🔎 Full Agenda (🔒 CSA Ethics Members Access only)
□ CSA Ethics Mission & Themes: Review & approval.
□ CSA 2021 Conference (CSA Ethics Workshop): Discuss the virtual format, and work on an agenda for a CSA Ethics Workshop.
□ Call to the Community to Invite & Engage New Members: Get your colleagues to join our community! [Join today]
□ Reminder: Help build Trustworthy Data Practices (Call to Participation)
CSA Ethics hosts invited talks and both participates in and run CSA webinars.
- July 24, 2020: Citizen Science for Social Justice (Invited Talk). Abby Kinchy (recorded)
- May 18, 2020: Building Trustworthy Data Practices (CSA Webinar). Lisa Rasmussen, Elizabeth Jones (recorded)
- January 31, 2019: How to Make Your Research Transparent. Chris Santos-Lang (recorded)
- November 30, 2018: Stakeholder Analysis webinar. Stacy Lynn (recorded)
- September 13, 2018: Citizen Science Ethics 101 webinar. Chris Santos-Lang (recorded)
- October 5, 2017: Citizen Science and Ethics webinar with NIEHS’s Partnerships for Environmental Public Health (PEPH)
- Ethics in Citizen Science. Kelly Edwards
- Filling the Ethics Gap in Citizen Science Research: A Workshop Report. Lisa Rasmussen
- September 6-8, 2017: Open Science Fair
- July 27, 2017: Twitter #CitSciChat
- July 16-18, 2017: Filling the ‘Ethics Gap’ in Citizen Science. (Agenda, Attendees, List of Identified Ethical Issues)
- Current U.S. Regulatory Environment. Toby Schonfeld
- A Framework for Addressing Ethical Issues in Citizen Science. David Resnik and Kevin Elliott
- GalaxyZoo’s Code of Ethics. Jordan Raddick
- Research Ethics Consultation Model. Ana Iltis
- The Place of Ethics in the Federal Citizen Science Toolkit. Lea Shanley
- July 11, 2017: Twitter #CitSciChat
- May 20, 2017: Workshop: Filling the ‘Ethics Gap’ in Citizen Science Research CSA Conference 2017 (reported by Muki Haklay)
- May 19, 2017: Symposium: Keeping Tabs of Ethics CSA Conference 2017
- May 18, 2017: World Cafe: Which citizens have a moral responsibility to participate in science, and how can we tell when that responsibility has been fulfilled? CSA Conference 2017
- May 3-4, 2017: Pollution, Environmental Justice, and Citizen Science at the University of Warwick