Data and Metadata Working Group: Resources
Data Quality Resource Compendium:
The QA/QC Project team of the CSA Metadata Working Group has compiled a compendium of guidance documents, manuals, and workbooks produced for citizen science. The resulting spreadsheet is a treasure-trove of resources for monitoring program coordinators, project leads, and volunteer trainers. Each entry provides a link to the resource, information about the authors and intended audience, and which aspects of the data management cycle are addressed. The compendium is the first step in a project to identify gaps and needs for additional resources to support citizen science programs.
The Data Quality Resources for Citizen and Community Science table is intended to be a living library. Collated and described by a group of volunteers, it’s current form is a starting point and represents the resources we were able to identify at the time of its creation. We note that there are gaps in coverage representing some science areas, geographic/political contexts, and stages of the data lifecycle.
Additional Data Resources:
- PPRSCore Standard Repository – Work in Progress (git repository)
- Bibliographic Resources for Data Quality in Citizen Science (docx)
- Resource List for Data Standards in Citizen Science (docx)
- EPA: Guidance on Environmental Data Verification and Data Validation (pdf)
- DataONE Best Practices Primer (pdf)