Return to CitSciVirtual
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to register to submit an abstract for posters or workshops?
- Event registration is not required to propose a poster or workshop. When a poster or workshop is accepted, lead presenters for posters, and all workshop presenters will need to register to take part in the event. Registration rates are being set to keep participation affordable.
- When is the deadline to submit?
- The deadline has been extended to January 17th, 2021 at 11:59 Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8). There will be no additional extensions beyond this. All presenters will be notified by February 15th, 2021 of their acceptance.
- How long are workshops?
- Workshops will be a mix of pre-recorded and live content totaling no more than 3 hours. Live sessions will be no more than 2 hours.
- Will there be individual talks?
- CitSciVirtual will not feature individual talks – rather posters will serve as a way for people to share their work and connect with others interested in similar topics and workshops an opportunity to share expertise and practices with workshop participants. We have an opportunity with CitSciVirtual to accept a wide pool of posters, and we welcome submissions from many sources and perspectives.
- Do I have to be a CSA member to submit an abstract for posters or workshops?
- Anyone can submit a proposal ot CitSciVirtual- you do not need to be a member of CSA. CSA members will get a conference discount, but membership won’t be a requirement to attend. The event will take place in a brand new member space that we will give non-members access to for the month – we hope many people love it enough to stay with us longer term!
- Will live sessions be held in my timezone?
- Live sessions of the conference will be held from approximately 12pm ET to 4pm ET to accommodate the widest range of time zones. There will additionally be many opportunities to view pre-recorded content and engage with presenters and attendees in discussion platforms.
- What will the conference cost?
- Registration rates are now available (see details here). Registration rates have been set to keep participation affordable and we are actively seeking sponsors to ensure equitable engagement opportunities for all participants.
- When will registration open?
- Registration for CitSciVirtual will open in February 2021.