Citizen Science Festival at CitSci2019
Show off your citizen science project/program and recruit new participants at the public CSA 2019 Citizen Science Festival on Saturday, March 16, 2019, at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences.
As a Festival exhibitor, you will have the opportunity to showcase your project or program to an anticipated crowd of 10,000 diverse science enthusiasts. The Citizen Science Festival will take place in conjunction with the annual North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Reptile and Amphibian Day, which is a large-scale family-friendly science event. Highlighting citizen science projects at Reptile and Amphibian Day 2018 was a tremendous success and we look forward to offering visitors even more opportunities to become citizen scientists in 2019 with your help!
As an exhibitor, you will be expected to:
- Register for the CitSci2019 Conference
- Staff your exhibit for the entire event, 9am-5pm
- Provide engaging, interactive material to an audience of varied ages (from toddler to expert)
- Provide exhibit information and names of staff/volunteers in a timely fashion when requested by Museum staff
- Avoid any of the following as part of your exhibit: stickers, glitter, candy, balloons, or live animals to sell or give away
- Have fun showing off your project/program!
What we provide, upon request:
- One 6 ft table
- 8.5”x11” tabletop sign holders, including one designating your table as a Citizen Science Project and part of the CSA
- Easels and backerboards
- Museum volunteers, if desired
- Everyone working the event will have access to a hospitality area with snacks and drinks
- Lunch is provided to anyone working more than 5 hours
- Parking is free on the street and in State-owned lots around the Museum
Please note that priority will be given to projects/programs with a strong interactive component and those that can be done by North Carolina Citizen Scientists.
Propose your Festival exhibit by completing this form.